Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nite of Glitter at the Royal Commonwealth Society



Mary and I attended this Deepavali gathering last Saturday and it was a blast!! We were invited by my colleague, Capt. Rahim, whose father-in-law was the Chairman of the organization. We had the “MISC” table with a couple of other colleagues including Siva, our Indian Expat who brought along his Dad!!

This is what his dad had to say about the night:

I am delighted! I had been around many countries, only to note that Malaysia is THE best country in maintaining harmony and respect people of all races. During the “Nite of Glitter”, I never felt out of place and thanks for all who treated me and my son as one of their family members. I am also happy to express confidently that my son and his family’s stay in Malaysia is pleasant only because of the good hearts of Malaysians like you all. Thanking you all once again for all kind supports. Best regards, Sankaran

Yup!! It was truly amazing. Everyone, regardless of what race or colour, was partying to “Bangra” and Indian music. We were even singing along to “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”!!

Like someone on our table highlighted, “To bring all the races together……all we need is a great party with lots of booze!!!!” The booze at this club was duty free too due to some old British regulation from long ago.

That day, we all ate and drank together and did not care about what another “Malaysian buddy” was eating or drinking. We became…..Malaysia…Truly Asia!!!

That is exactly what my Indian Expat's dad saw that night.

Hopefully one day, a similar mood is created all over Malaysia for all occasions!!!

Until then…..RCS (Royal Commonwealth Society) anyone? Hehehehe!!

3 comments:

anfield devotee said...

we can only hope . . . but with racist wankers like khir & hishamuddin around, the future looks bleak me friend . . .

nanda666 said...

Well...at least the bloggers nite was just as good....and I guess becos the same rules applied....loads of booze!!!! hehehehe!!! Have my calendar free for the 22nd...it's still on right?

Unknown said...

Nanda: we have that sorta parties in my house around Christmas :)) AD can vouch for that :))

But we live in hope that the beauty others see in us is as appreciated by the fookers and wankers and AD puts it we have in power.

See ya 22nd Nanda :))