Sunday, November 30, 2008

DEVIL'S PLACE BY BRIAN GOMEZ




The launch was great fun and the free flow of beer was an unexpected bonus!! Thanks, Brian!!

My buddy, Marlin and his band, FISH, played a couple of songs and so did Brian's band.

Premo was there too.

Got my copy at the launch and read it over the weekend. I honestly think this is the best book I've read this year. (And I do read quite a bit!!)

It beats John Grisham's THE APPEAL and even Khalid Housini's A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS. (THE KITE RUNNER was last year!! That one is difficult to beat!! Hehe!!)

YUP!! Devil's Place moves like a Quentin Tarantino movie (But Malaysian content la..!!) and is filled with large amounts of humour!!

If you liked PULP FICTION and RESERVOIR DOGS, you'll love this book!!

I even had to leave the room a few times for fear of waking Maya with my laughs!!

For example, the police calling the cab company for info and getting the unmistakable response of, "TAXI COMING IN 10 MINUTES, YOU GO DOWN NOW!!" was just one of the few "Uncontrollable laugher" moments.

I also won a free copy at the launch and that's going off to Ireland as a gift to Mary's niece.

Brian Gomez can say his book is even read in Ireland!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So you'd recommend getting the book ya then Nanda *kih kih kih* no chance of me 'borrowing' your copy s there?

nanda666 said...

Haiyo!! only RM 30.....help the poor indian fella la...hehehehe!!

Unknown said...

RM30 is hard earned cash for the jobless

anfield devotee said...

Aiyo, nanda, sorry la, me couldn't join you fer the book launch.

ps: FA Cup 3rd round: Soton v manure. Boleh ka?

nanda666 said...

Akuani - ok la...can borrow my copy.. :)

AD - No worries dude!!

And YES!! We're very excited about the tie!!! (That what it says on www.saintfc.co.uk!! hahaha!!)

Hey...at least it'll be on TV!!!