Monday, April 13, 2009

DADDY FOR A YEAR NOW!!!



Maya turned 1 on the 25th of March and it just made me want to look back to see how far I’ve come from the crazy sailor boy to being a responsible “grown up” daddy.

My artsy “bachelor pad” is now a multi colored theme park where you can just name a color and I’m sure I have it strewn across my living room floor in the form of a ball, block, etc, etc.!! My chairs and tables have “fenders” (Like the rubbers tires around a tug boat!!) for collision protection and my plain, light purple, velvet sofa has so many food stains that it now resembles some exotic animal!! Gone are the cool table top decor....replaced by stuff that is either chewable, washable or throwable!! I do occasionally get to see my IKEA carpet...or glimpes of it when the toys are put away......
That my living room, version 2009.

What about my bedroom, version 2009??? Well, it depends….Is it the room that used to be my bedroom or the “spare” room that I’m in now so that my snoring doesn’t wake up Maya???? Yup…just like Southampton…I got relegated too!!! Hahahaha!!

The TV, version 2009??? Channels available have drastically reduced to channels beginning with 6xx. Honestly, I find POCOYO and THE YOUNG EINSTEINS pretty entertaining!!

My precious Beemer also now comes with a 2009 baby upgraded version. Baby seat with all boot space taken up by the pram. The 2009 version also comes with rattling accessories (multi colored, of course) and massively annoying, nursery rymes emitting, electronic devices!!

So…a full year of a constantly changing baby, constantly changing schedules and constantly changing lifestyle….opps...almost forgot....and constantly changing nappies!!!!


The reward…..


That SMILE!!!


My little "nutcase" (That's what I call her as she is usually hysterically happy to see me when I get home everyday!!) and all that she gets up to!!


I believe this parenthood thinggi is gonna be a great ride!!!

5 comments:

anfield devotee said...

Ah ha ha ha!

Me colleagues also talk about their "art gallery" walls. Every conceivable surface is covered in baby/toddler graffitti . . .

nanda666 said...

So..AD....no plans to join the bandwagon???? :)

Amir Hamzah said...

Happy Belated Birthday Maya! from Uncle Toffee...

Unknown said...

Nanda: you know reading this piece I feel very optimistic about men and fatherhood even the fact that men can actually 'grow up' ehheheeh

but I am truly happy that you are enjoying and rejoicing this new aspect of your life ... and I believe if there's anything that you look back on and feel truly an achievement is seeing Maya growing up into a fine young lady.

Happy Birthday Maya there's just so much world out there to discover and even daddy's Beemer to trash at some point **ehehehe** much love and best wishes, auntie .ani

anfield devotee said...

Beware Maya, Uncle Toffee is evil . . .