Monday, August 04, 2008

THE TIME WE SPEND ON THIS PLANET

As I watch the battle between McCain and Obama, Pak Lah and Anwar, North and South Korea, Hindus and Muslims, Christians and Jews, etc, etc, it really makes me wonder what the end game is.

We seem to be caught up in these games and spend large amounts of energy, time and money either talking about it, blogging about it and some even spending large amounts of time and money praying about it. (My view on the prayer part is, of course, as my earlier post!!)

If that's not enough, we seem to spend a large amount of time, money and effort on entertainment!!!

Yes....Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, even Southampton,etc, etc, is just that!!

So is WHATEVER music, TV or movies that we watch and listen to!!!

I do agree that we need to spend time to vote, to make a contribution to our democratic system of government , to relax after a hard day's work but how much time do we spend helping people that need help???

How much time, money and effort do we put into helping those that need immediate help??? Like homes for the underprivileged, orphanages, really poor people.

How much time, money and effort do we put into saving our environment? Endangered animals?

Which is more important, getting my rich buddies to vote or getting them to help others?????

Rather than making any judgement on our politicians, systems, etc, I rather spend my time, money and efforts on making a difference MYSELF!!

I'll of course help some of my "politically inclined" buddies but I'd rather spend my time on this planet helping others!!!

Anyone interested in doing this, let me know and I'll show you guys how you can change the planet and like Michael Jackson said, " Make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race". (AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SMALL CHILDREN!!!!! HEHEHEHE!!)


3 comments:

anfield devotee said...

You were doing fine until you decided to use Jacko fer inspiration . . .

Unknown said...

I liked this piece ... AD's comment on the Jacko inspiration - me thinks the words of that song best sums up how I am trying to live my life ... change starts with me (whatever version of change I might subscribe to)

nanda666 said...

I'll be putting up in detail what all of you can do to help soon. Got a list of homes, environment causes, etc...Just like AD, it's not easy to convince people to put their money where their mouth is..if anyone interested, you can check the MUW link (Malaysian Underwater.com) under the environment education page and see some of the reasons people come up with for NOT helping...Weird!!

Akuani - Way da go!!!