Tuesday, February 10, 2009

FEELING SAD n SICK

This is how I felt this morning after a chat with my wife on the current political situation in Malaysia.
She is a foreigner and it’s so hard to explain our sad and sick politicians.

What am I talking about? Well…..

1. The UMNO youth demonstrations with racist comments, shown live on Bernama TV.

Yup. They had signs “INI TANAH MELAYU, BUKAN TANAH SINGH!!” (THIS IS MALAY LAND NOT FOR THE SIKHS!!) in full view. Not even discrete!! She was asking me why the ISA was not used on these guys as it was inciting racial hatred.

2. Police reports made against Karpal Singh by UMNO youth all over Malaysia.

I remember trying to make a report about an accident in Klang at the PJ police station and the cop said I couldn’t. I had to report it in Klang. She wanted to know how these guys can make reports about something in Perak in another state?

3. MP in Kedah states his reason for quitting is that he and his family have been threatened by BN.

Police report? Protection from the police? No….he disappears. “If an MP can’t trust our police force for protection, what about us normal folk?” she asked.

4. UMNO Youth leaders say “By any means necessary”. Murder, Bloodshed, Genocide????

She asked me how far they would go. I’m afraid to answer. Really.

5. Police officers charged with murder have their faces covered ALL the time.

Since they’re handcuffed, I guess their police buddies helped them bundle up? I recall the police not allowing defendants in other cases to cover their faces. (Although most try sooooo hard with their T shirt, newspapers, etc.) “Even if they’re found guilty, what if they are secretly released and are back it the police force? Will anyone know, since nobody know what they look like?” she asked again.




She was comparing our current situation to that of countries in Africa....only good thing here is that we've got oil, so money and jobs are ok...for now.

As I was left with no answers, it really made me sad to think how far we've come socially and economically only to have daft politicians send us back to the racial riffs of the 60's.

If this is the path that our political scene is taking us, I’m really getting worried for the safety of my family and friends.

Will all my vocal friends disappear too?? Will supporting a certain party be considered treason?

Will the "Truly Asia" slogan means we become like other Asian countries like Cambodia, Burma, Laos and Phillipines with incapable and corrupt leaders?

9 comments:

anfield devotee said...

At least you can cabit to Ireland dude . . . Rest of us got no escape clause!!!

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

something i noticed everytime watching tv3 news- rallies organised by PR are deemed illegal while the ones lead by amno youth are- as much you may have guessed- peaceful.

one thing i'm pissed with these goons is they always think the malays solely belong to their party. i mean, what do PAS members consist of then i wonder? polynesians?

nanda666 said...

AD: Not going to cabut.....yet!! hehehe!!

Kerp: I'm still waiting for someone to explain the police reports by the umno youth filed in so many different places. Can ah?
Can we file a report too??? Against those racist remarks???

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

numerous reports were made against the penang dude but whats new la, they possess somekind of a immunity power, only in amno.

Anba said...

Bro:- if i im in your shoes me would have cabut lari long time readi...

Sad but true...

Saves me all the headache n heartache...

nanda666 said...

Well, I did cabut in 1991 to Spore to do my engineerng and I cabut again after that as I was sailing on oil tankers in Europe, South & North America, Far East, etc.
Everywhere I went, the people were facinated that I spoke such good English.
They were impressed that I was Malaysian.
I even defended the Malays when the foreigners said that Malaysia practised inequality saying it was the "Mat Sallehs" fault when they ruled us that created the mess.
I saw how "aliens" were treated in the "Land of the free". I saw how Sri Lankan refugees were treated in "equal" Germany.
Living in "equal" Spore for 4 years, I experienced racism more than I did here.
We have a political problem escalated by #$%%ed up politician (On both sides...BN & PR) but I honestly feel the people here are actually more united than in any other multi cultural societies out there. (Yes, I did spend time in NYC and London too!!)
I guess I strongly feel that the day will come when our politician become trust worthy again and would like to be here to see it.

Amir Hamzah said...

Hujan emas di negeri orang, hujan batu di negeri sendiri, lebih baik di negeri sendiri.

The abysmal political climate here has never once made me to look elsewhere. It may be bad, but I will try or die trying to change this situation.

In regards to the assembly, UMNO are cowards - dulu, kini dan selamanya. Try to do the same in front of an FRU truck you bloody chickens!

Anba said...

Bro... i can see clearly you have eaten much more salt than me...hehehehe..

Politicians...becoming trustworthy...maybe in hell bro..but nvr in malaysia..heheheh

Unknown said...

Have you seen the video of that bastardly display on Karpal in parliament?

It was on YouTube - not sure still there or not - but MY GOD! made me fooking sick man ... and I used to be proud to be Malaysian ... have to say I am now wondering as a Malaysian where is my future heading to NOT BEING MALAY ... am so fooked!