Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE - THE MOVIE


I watched this movie over the weekend and was truly impressed.

The cinematography (correct ah my spelling????) was superb, great storyline and very "indian" in it's coincidences!!

The visuals of the slums of Mumbai was as real as I remembered them when I was there years ago. The background of the begging children and their operations were so real that I actually had trouble sleeping that night.

It had all the ingrediences of a great Hindi movie (Love story, fights, drama, vulgar language..in Hindi, of course) and I guess bagging a couple at the Golden Globe Awards didn't hurt.

Do get your hands on this movie. It's worth your time. (And the "DVD 9" is pretty good, if you know what I mean!! hehehehe!!)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i so want to catch this movie too ... like the book can I bum your copy - hahaahahahah economy slow down and just there on the jobless front let's me bum stuff off you haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nanda666 said...

one book and one "cetak rompak copy" is available....Seremban very far la....I'll be at Backyard pub in H'tmas tomorrow night...will bring the book n DVD if anyone wants....hehehehe!!

Unknown said...

backyard? man this is how ulu i am .. I work close by but never been there ... :(((

Aiya ... come on Nanda - I asked first - ada something called Pos Malaysia you know ... **big innocent hopeful eyes**

Ridzzy said...

Hi nanda! i got your blog link from another blog..

errr..let me get this straight..

This is a movie based on a game show..with all the hindi recipies of fights, drama, love story fitted in..

uhmmm WOW!..

@.@

Unknown said...

Riddzy ... yes yes they have all that :)) but Nanda's bootleg copy is MINE!! heheheeheh

nanda666 said...

bootleg copy just got "highjacked"...haiyo!!

But yeah...typical hindi movie....even has a song (with back up dancers!!) at the end!!! (Music by A.R. Rahman)

Unknown said...

Hijacked??? NANNNNNNNDDAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO how can you do this to me??

**sob sob ... wail wail** - just to be in line with the hindi movie dramatics you know

Anba said...

Bro i haven't seen the movie.. i always try to catch Danny Boyle's film on the big screen..
The last one that i saw was Sunshine... the visuals in the filam were awesome bro worth checking out...
n
they didnt show 28 days later on the big screen here..bastards..
but when i read your review Hindi film..aiyak,..but me guess this will different...will try to ctach it...

nanda666 said...

okay..okay....not looooong fights and looooong love story la.....little little only....haiyo!! hehe!!

anfield devotee said...

Me takes it you've seen Boyle's debut - TRAINSPOTTING?

Absolutely superb the way he brought Irvine Welsh's epic novel to life. Grim & funny in equal measures.

Still one of me all time faves.